When I arrive at your newborn session please don’t be alarmed, I’m not moving in I promise. In home posed newborn sessions require some equipment (vs. lifestyle newborns which are much more minimal) and I like to be prepared when I arrive on site. You’ll see the following:
1. large puck style beanbag – for a place to lay the baby on
2. two rough totes full of blankets, props, and clean up supplies (puppy piddle pads, paper towels, baby wipes etc.).
3. 1 to 2 flotaki rugs – nice and fuzzy for fun pictures on the floor
4. A basket or two, maybe a bowl depending on the space
5. A backdrop stand
6. My lighting kit – while I prefer natural window light I do come prepared in case we’re struggling in the light department.
7. Space Heater – warm babies are happy babies
8. Camera (2 bodies, 2 lenses) – duh:)
9. Sand bags – to hold the baskets and backdrop stand
10. and a partridge in a pear tree…
It may seem like alot and it is but preparation is key to a good session.